At Renown Electric, we have nearly 40 years of experience in the AC and DC electric motor and generator industry. Our expert team is capable of performing a wide range of services for very large electrical rotating machines or very small ones including electric motor repair, remanufacture, overhaul, engineering support, and field service. Whether you’re a small or large business, we can meet your needs with unmatched quality systems and customer service expertise.
Our comprehensive field services include everything from brush surveys and on-site machining to dry-ice cleaning, in-field rewinding, and more. With these capabilities, we can proudly serve several areas across Canada.
Electric Motor Repair Service Areas
From our centrally-located facility in Concord, Ontario, we can provide a range of on-site field services to customers across Canada. Our service teams are regularly in areas including:
- Quebec City
Our On-Site Field Services
Our experienced and certified technicians can provide electric motor repair, remanufacture, and preventative maintenance services for customers all over Canada. Our on-site field services include:
- Brush Surveying. We’ll inspect your motor’s carbon brushes, slip rings, and brush pressure to ensure your motors performance is optimized and functioning properly.
- In-Field Rewinding. We perform extensive analysis, testing, and in-field rewinding services for electric motors and generators for units that are too large to transport.
- Modernization Surveying. Our expert technicians can survey your older equipment’s components and systems and highlight the advantages of replacing them with newer alternatives.
- On-Site Machining. If your equipment is too heavy or big to move, our qualified technicians can perform on-site machining services as well as 24/7 emergency repairs.
- Sheave Regrooving. As part of our elevator maintenance and rope inspection process, we perform sheave regrooving to make sure cables have sufficient traction.
- Turning and Undercutting. Our commutator turning and undercutting services promote brush track surface concentricity and uniform wear. This prolongs the life of carbon brushes and eliminates arcing and vibration issues thereby optimizing your motor performance.
- Motion Amplification® Monitoring. Using video cameras and a proprietary video processing algorithm, our technicians get a real-time, in-depth image of your equipment’s condition and performance highlighting issues that can easily be overlooked by the naked eye.
Is It Time For You To Schedule On-Site Service?
Are your electric motors struggling to keep up with normal workloads? Perhaps you simply require professional assistance or advice with regularly planned maintenance tasks. When operational efficiency is a top priority, our field service team or engineering support is likely the best option. From issues such as overheated bearings and motor-winding issues to catastrophic motor failure, on-site maintenance is the quickest way to get back up and running.
Other signs that you may benefit from on-site field services include:
- You lack the staff or time to perform planned motor maintenance
- You don’t have the experience to safely pull a motor and install a replacement
- You want to schedule proactive maintenance to keep your motor running efficiently
By having the experts come to you, our technicians can address critical issues and solve them on-site. With our on-site field services, we can help you recover from a motor breakdown, predict impending breakdowns, and perform preventive maintenance to prevent breakdowns in the future.
Schedule On-Site Electric Motor Repair or Maintenance
In addition to our in-house capabilities of up to 50 tons and 13.8kV, Renown Electric is proud to offer a wide range of on-site field services to customers all over Canada. These capabilities allow us to service your electric motors without having to move large or heavy equipment to another location.
For more information about our capabilities, or to schedule your on-site electric motor repair or maintenance services, contact the experts at Renown Electric today.