At Renown Electric, continuously improving our electric motor repair and service capabilities has always been our priority. The expansion of our scope of capabilities to include large-scale electric motor and generator repair is a testament to our commitment to this goal.
We now have a new 34,000 sq. ft. Large Motor and Generator Service Centre at our 78 Bradwick Drive, Concord location. The workshop is equipped to 50 Ton capacity and focuses on repairing and refurbishing all types of large rotating machines. Thanks to our state-of-the-art equipment, we can guarantee our customers a full complement of services for all their rotating equipment needs.
Our New Facility Capabilities
Our team of highly skilled winders, technicians, electro-mechanics, and engineers have an extensive breadth of knowledge and vast experience working with large motors. We also have a group of committed quality control, health and safety, procurement, administrative support, and logistics personnel to support this team and ensure all of your service needs are completed to the highest standards.
With this new facility, we have expanded our in-shop and in-field scope of capabilities to include:
AC Motor Overhaul and Repair
AC Motor remanufacturing capabilities including:
- Inspection, testing, repair, overhaul, and rewinding of AC motors up to 60,000HP, 13.8kV
- Dynamic balancing of rotors up to 44,000 lbs
- Rewind and re-insulation of synchronous field pole rotors
- Rewinding of mush wound and form wound stators up to 13.8kV
- Repair, machining, and replacement of slip rings
- Induction motor squirrel cage rotor rebar and end ring replacement
- Rewind of Induction Motor Wound Rotors
- Re-stacking of stator and rotor core laminations
AC Generator Overhaul and Repair
If your AC generator malfunctions or stops working completely, it can cause costly and critical downtime for your company. However, at Renown Electric, we have highly skilled technicians who can expertly repair your generator. Our team offers the following services to ensure your AC generator will run at peak performance:
- Inspection, testing, repair, overhaul, and rewinding
- Hydroelectric generator rotor pole rewinding and re-insulation
- Turbogenerator rotor retaining removal and inspection
- Hydroelectric generator stator rewinding up to 13.8kV
- Synchronous generator stator rewinding up to 13.8kV
- Turbogenerator stator rewinding up to 13.8kV
- Turbogenerator rotor rewinding
DC Motor and Generator Overhaul and Repair
Our highly skilled team is well-versed in the repair and maintenance of DC motors and generators.
We offer the following services:
- Inspection, testing, repair, overhaul, and rewinding of large DC motors and generators
- Dynamic balancing of armatures up to 44,000 lbs
- Re-insulation of commutator (pole-face) bars
- Commutator repair and rebuild
- Commutator replacement
- Equalizer replacement
- Riser tray replacements
- Commutator machining and undercutting
- Rewinding and re-insulation of field coils (main field and interpole coils)
- Rewinding of armatures
Mechanical Repairs and Machine Shop Services
In our new refurbishing and repair service center, we offer a range of mechanical repair and machine shop services. With advanced machining technology, we can perform turning, grinding, shearing, milling, and other machining operations.
Additional capabilities include:
- Shaft repair, modification, and replacement
- Weld repairs to motor and generator components
- Sleeve bearing re-babbitting
- Boring and bushing of bearing housings
- Sleeve bearing inspection and repair
- UT Bond Checking of Babbitt Bearings
- NDT Inspection Services
- High-Frequency Induction Brazing
- Resistance & Induction Brazing
- Slow Roll Test
Electrical Testing Capabilities
Our new troubleshooting services for large-scale electric motors and generators are all-inclusive, from mechanical to electrical aspects.
We offer the following electrical testing capabilities:
- Insulation Resistance and Polarization Index
- DC Hi-Pot testing up to 80kVdc
- Stator core loss test and hot spot scanning using an infrared camera
- Winding Resistance
- Surge testing up to 40kV
- AC voltage drop test
- Vibration Analysis
- RSO (Repetitive Surge Oscilloscope) test
- AC Hi-pot testing up to 60kVac
- Laser Alignment
- AC & DC Drive repairs on-site and in-house
Renown Motor Repair & Service Experts Can Help
Large-scale electric motors and generators can cause disruptions in your business when they develop issues or unexpectedly stop working. However, having experts you can rely on to diagnose and repair the issues in your large-scale motors and generators can help you reduce downtime and its associated costs.
At Renown Electric, we’re your go-to experts for the repair and service of electric motors and generators. Our new service package includes the larger scale overhaul and repair of DC and AC motors and generators, mechanical repairs, and electrical testing and machine shop services.
When you choose us, you’re guaranteed top-quality services, and we have many certifications to support our knowledge and experience. We’re also an authorized warranty center for major brands in the industry.
Contact us to learn more or get a quote.